following up his 2017 debut. bristols via maris is back on livity sound with an enigmatic two tracker pairing glow walls aquatic reverie with the deeper rolling grooves of cu2. established in 2011. livity sound is a frontrunning label in uk electronic music. since its inception. peverelists imprint has dedicated itself to releasing innovative music. eschewing existing forms and forging its own stylistic path.
facta delivers two lithe new cuts for the latest livity sound 12?. featuring fresh artwork from tess redburn. the wisdom teeth label boss and bristol resident deploys his deep rolling style. inviting dancers in to their groove with supple rhythms and rounded bass. established in 2011. livity sound is a frontrunning label in uk electronic music. since its inception. peverelists imprint has dedicated itself to releasing innovative music. eschewing existing forms and forging its own stylistic path
* kowton unleashes a pair of devastating dance floor weapons to rattle your ribcage. * pea soup gets wavey in a fog of old rave stylings and jagged rhythms. while b-side iodine rolls with a deeper shuffle. putting a uk spin on the classic detroit sound.
* kowton makes an emphatic return to livity sound this autumn with his first solo 12” for the label since 2012. * a foundation block of the label. kowton has also released on hessle audio. all caps and idle hands and most recently scored a hit with his ubiquitous -glock & roll- on young turks offshoot whities. his music s been remixed by karenn. kassem mosse and surgeon and in turn he s remixed work by paul woolford. tessela and untold. * now a regular some of the finest clubs around. kowton has played across europe both live with livity sound (alongside peverelist and asusu) and as a solo dj. in the past 12 months he s toured japan. america. australia and is set for repeat visits this autumn. * this new livity sound 12- see s kowton in a typically reductive mode: on repeat layers pulsing subs with weighty percussion and enveloping synths. holding patterns flips things into a streamlined modulating techno workout of abrasive drums and rotating rim shots.
having previously used their dnuos ytivil offshoot to release material from their nearest and dearest (think batu. bruce. hodge and alex coulton). bristols livity sound crew turns to unknown french producer simo cell. the two tracks showcased here are a rather fine introduction to this newcomer. with opener *piste jaune* offering a clandestine blend of stuttering electro bass. discordant analogue percussion hits and spooky electronics. the mystery man goes for the jugular on *cellar door*. with pitched-down. bleep style melodies and liquid electronics riding an off-kilter. broken techno groove. another fine livity release.
surge / remnants is the second of two new livity sound 12 inchess to be unleashed in the run up to the release of the livity sound double cd compilation this autumn. following on from the pev & kowton *end point* single. this new record marks the first collaboration between peverelist and asusu.
delving deep in to his dub chamber. mosca delivers a pair of upfront rhythms for livity sound.
* don t take.. hits hard. it s whiplash groove fine tuned for maximum dance floor impact. by contrast peyote stitch’ takes a deeper approach. it s hazy spectral visions sat atop low slung drums in trademark mosca style.
* livity sound are very happy to announce the return of forest drive west to the label. following up last years * system / show them* 12 inch.
* this time. the smoke laced atmospherics and broken rhythms are reconfigured for maximum impact on jinx . whilst scanners subtler late night grooves and grit laden percussion produce a melancholic ebb and flow.
simo cell returns to livity sound for the label’s final release of 2016. following up his debut 12” for the label in 2015. the parisian brings his varied tastes to this diverse four tracker. from the hazy bumping rhythms of ‘gliding’ to the pulsating strobed snare assault of ‘away from keyboard’. these razor edge productions demonstrate exactly why he’s been tipped by so many as one to watch.
stunning debut from london based artist forest drive west for livity sound. * system revolves around an irresistible deep and tripping pneumatic broken drum groove. propelling the track through ten tense minutes of foggy atmospherics. * show them is similarly immersive but this time with nods to the densely smoked out uk dancefloors of 2004. austere and hypnotic.
having previously used their dnuos ytivil offshoot to release material from their nearest and dearest (think batu. bruce. hodge and alex coulton). bristol’s livity sound crew turns to unknown french producer simo cell. the two tracks showcased here are a rather fine introduction to this newcomer. with opener “piste jaune” offering a clandestine blend of stuttering electro bass. discordant analogue percussion hits and spooky electronics. the mystery man goes for the jugular on “cellar door”. with pitched-down. bleep style melodies and liquid electronics riding an off-kilter. broken techno groove. another fine livity release.
* peverelist and hodge remix two tracks from the reverse livity sound label catalogue for a sampler 12 inch to be released ahead of a new dnuos ytivil label compilation *reverse vol 1* in october this year.
* a pioneer of his own vision of the uk sound. peverelist transforms hodges amor fati in to a signature writhing mesmeric groove whilst on the flip side hodge irons out bruces * tilikum* into a booming. epic late night tool.
frenetic. intense and fully livity sound in style. these definition defying tracks are the results of several jamming sessions between label mainstay peverelist and rising star hodge. their first collaborative release since the bells 12inch on punch drunk records in 2013. this 12inch marks the second release of 2015 for the label which continues to define the cutting edge of uk dance music.
*end point / vapours* is the one of two new livity sound 12 inches to be unleashed in the run up to the release of the livity sound double cd compilation this autumn. this first 12 inch is a fresh collaboration between peverelist and kowton. their first since the anthemic raw code for hessle audio at the start of the year.
livity sound is the label and live project combining the talents of the bristol trio of peverelist. kowton & asusu with a mandate to explore the edges of techno through the prism of the bristol echo chamber. the velez / rendering 12 inch is the second. highly anticipated solo release for asusu on the label.
deluxe reverse board gatefold cd 2013s self titled livity sound compilation featured solo tracks and collaborations between peverelist. kowton & asusu. bringing together some of the most exciting and visceral uk dance music of recent years to critical acclaim.