MOVEMENTS VOL.8 (2X12 LP + MP3)
please login for sounds
1. a1: papa albert french - bald headed beulah
2. a2: herb jones - tell old bill
3. a3: thyme - bony bony
4. a4: kay dennis - feeling good
5. a5: howlett smith - slow down, girl
6. b1: joe wilson - sam sam the money man
7. b2: shelley fisher - i’ll leave you girl
8. b3: doc rand & the purple blues - i need a woman
9. b4: the noteables - funky frog
10. b5: king cain silvertone band - don’t give a damn
11. c1: ulysses crockett - sunshine superman
12. c2: respect - soul entertainer
13. c3: pedicin-james ltd. - ode to billy joe
14. c4: b.j.’s blues band - short fat fanny
15. d1: nathan bartell - top going down, bottom going up
16. d2: deep heet - funky beat
17. d3: john timmons & funkshun - love at first sight
18. d4: van scott - delicious
The intelligentsia have been claiming it for quite some time, and now finally, after many petitions, demonstrations and protests, a tiny little record label from Germany has achieved what only Google and troubleshooter par excellence Angus MacGyver have ever accomplished: admission into the worldwide dictionary. “To Google” and “to MacGyver” will soon be joined by the newly coined verb “to Tramp”. The term can be decoded as “to seek and find the seemingly hopeless” or “looking for something hidden”, always connected with a positive output.
For several years, gold seekers at the most humble and tiniest record label on earth (however certainly one of the funkiest!) follow their dedicated passion. Their brand new masterwork, Movements 8, focuses on rare privately produced american soul, jazz and funk, and proudly bears the title as the 8th volume in the Movements Series.
The double vinyl release comes in gatefold sleeve and includes a download code.