beyond plastic is a mixtape in book format about artists and vinyl labels that press music on »black gold«. it does not only trace the various processes entailed in the making of a record – from sound-production to the pressing plant and beyond – but also seeks to depict the blood, sweat and tears that goes into it.
the book includes interviews and articles of 60hertz, smallville, liebe*detail, pingipung, acker records, decks.de, de:bug, giegling, brothers in love, dubplates & mastering, aim vinyl, fauxpas musik, oye records, ortloff, kann, rand muzik, uncanny valley, freude am tanzen and workshop.
– edited and designed by alex ketzer (www.alexketzer.com)
– 288 pages, format a5 (210 x 148 mm)
– 19 extensive interviews
– 250+ pictures (coloured & b/w)
– 300+ cross references, accessible via short urls
– including audio-cd with tracks by the interviewee
– printed by gallery print
– isbn 978-3-00-043687-1