STUDIO ONE SOUND (2X12 LP)
Soul Jazz Records / sjrlp256
please login for sounds
1. slim smith - hip hug
2. ras michael and the sons of negus - good people
3. lord tanamo - keep on moving
4. wailing souls - trouble maker
5. rita marley - call to me
6. johnny osbourne - all i have is love
7. the martinis - i second that emotion
8. irvin brown - run come
9. the heptones - give give love
10. anthony rocky ellis - double minded man
11. jackie opel - the lord is with me
12. dub specialist - happy feelings
13. prince lincoln - live up to your name
14. ken boothe - i m a fool
15. reuben alexander - happy valley
16. larry marshall - there s a fire
17. rolando alphonso - rolando special
18. freddie mcgregor - homeward bound
Soul Jazz Records continues its journey into the vaults of the mighty Studio One with this next instalment featuring everything from classic ska and rocksteady to the deepest roots, heaviest dub and dancehall roots.
As ever the album includes incredible reggae artists such as The Heptones, Ken Boothe, The Skatalites, Johnny Osbourne, Wailing Souls all of whom launched their careers at Studio One, 13 Brentford Road, under the guidance of Clement Sir Coxsone Dodd.
This album features some of the most in-demand and collectible Studio One tracks over the years, all digitally remastered. The sleevenotes are by Rob Chapman, author of the celebrated books about Studio One Records, >Never Grow Old< and >Downbeat the Ruler<.
Comes as heavyweight double vinyl in thick card gatefold-sleeve.