Maya Jane Coles
!K7 Records / K7295CD
please login for sounds
1. deft - loqux & past
2. kris wadsworth - mainline (jimmy edgar remix)
3. chasing kurt - money
4. bozzwell - in my cocoon (original mix)
5. larse - karoo (original)
6. milscot feat. angela sheik - all alone (domyan just slow remix)
7. adam stacks - hey love (original)
8. phil kieran & white noise sound - never believed
9. sigward - nuerd (original mix)
10. maya jane coles - not listening (dj-kicks)
11. virgo four - its a crime (caribou remix)
12. roberto bardini - hate me (muteoscillator fairy tall remix)
13. tripmastaz - guess who
14. standard fair - little helper 16-3
15. nocturnal sunshine - meant to be
16. zenker brothers - berg 10 (original mix)
17. last magpie - no more stories
18. zoe zoe - church
19. gerry read - roomland (youandewan remix)
20. t. williams - analog tour
21. marcel dettmann - translation two
22. claro intelecto - hunter\'s rocket to the sky
What a year 2011 was for Maya Jane Coles. Voted Producer of the Year 2011 by DJ Mag, named Best Breakthrough DJ 2011 by Mixmag, debuting at No. 9 on the Resident Advisor 2011 DJ Poll, scooping Best Newcomer 2011 at the Ibiza DJ Awards 2011, many magazine covers and the likes of Anja Schneider, Ellen Allien, Damon Alburn and Tricky all queuing up to offer their praise.
Maya's latest release 'Don't Put Me In Your Box' EP on Hypercolour continues to add fuel to the fire and is notable in that Maya not just write, engineer, produce, mix everything on the record as always but this time she also designed all the artwork for the release as well! Again a success the release has seen Maya dominate in charts all around the world, picking up even more support at club, on radio and in the print press such as her covers for Norway's 'Smog' and Germany's 'Groove' magazines respectively.
Maya Jane Coles remixes were equally in vogue in 2011 with releases on labels such as Crosstown Rebels, Leftroom, Defected and Real Tone within the house scene though spreading her genred wings Maya also tackled tracks by Little Dragon, Tricky and The Orb.Whilst under her dub alias Nocturnal Sunshine, Maya has also delivered remixes such as that of emergent talents as well as the release of 'Can't Hide The Way I Feel/Broke' to make fans out of Joy Orbison, Skream, Benga, Craig Richards and Scuba to name but a few!
Maya is of course also known for her djing and mixing skills which blend her own productions and remixes with the work of other producers she respects. Alongside guest mixes for the likes of Resident Advisor, Louche, Trace A Line and Defected, Maya started an unbelievable summer with a much lauded Essential Mix which dropped in July and a cover mount mix for Mixmag’s ADE edition where Maya also played Studio 80 to launch the edition!
(added: 2012-02-24 13:56:19 )