INVITE THE LIGHT (WHITE 3X12 LP + MP3)
please login for sounds
1. a1: junies transmission ft. junie morrison
2. a2: we continue
3. a3: somewhere, someday
4. a4: i m just tryna survive (in the big city) ft. q-tip
5. b1: surveillance escape
6. b2: floating on air ft. computer jay, flea
7. c1: howugonfu*karoundandchooseabusta?
8. c2: the hunt & murder of lucifer
9. c3: it didnt have 2 end this way
10. c4: missing u
11. d1: acting ft. ariel pink
12. d2: o.b.e
13. d3: glyde 2nyte ft. leon sylvers iv, leon sylvers iii
14. e1: just ease your mind from all negativity ft. joi gilliam, snoop dogg
15. e2: virtuous progression ft. jane jupiter, jimijames, jody watley, nite jewel, novena carmel
16. e3: scatin (toward the light)
17. e4: junies re-transmission ft. junie morrison
18. f1: i m just tryna survive (in the big city) (party version) ft. q-tip
19. f2: kaint let em change me
20. f3: the acceptance
Damon D_m-Funk Riddick is the epitome of funk. Ever since debuting on Stones Throw in 2008, D_m-Funk has become one of the genres most passionate proselytisers. In 2013, he released a celebrated album in partnership with hip-hops Snoop Dogg, 7 Days of Funk. Fresh for 15, D_m returns with a solo project nearly six years in the making: Invite the Light. D_ms partnership with Stones Throw includes everything from his 2009 LP Toeachizown and Adolescent Funk, a 2010 anthology of early productions, to 2013s 7 Days of Funk. As always, D_m flexes his multi-instrumentalist talents by handling all the production but still makes time for guests including rapper Q-Tip, the father-son duo of Leon Sylvers III & IV, and funk giant Junie Morrison of the Ohio Players, who opens and closes the album with dire warnings of what could happen in a world without funk. Rest assured, D_m is here to make sure that never comes to pass. As he puts it, *funk is the underdog, the black sheep of black music*, and if that is true, D_m-Funk is its shepherd.
White 3x12 inch vinyl in triple gatefold sleeve with download code included.